Foreign muck! Not really but sort of

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
silverco

Foreign muck! Not really but sort of

Post by silverco »

Hi from Australia

I am restoring an Australian Mopar from 1979, a Valiant GLX. It's one of 600 made and is still in pretty good condition, I am in the process of increasing Torque by upping the CFM rating. The engine is a Hemi 265cid Straight six with 10:1 comp and free flow exhausts. currently it has a 325 cfm carter carb with a 300a on it but it lacks the punch it could have with better induction. I am looking to get 450+ CFM into it using a 425 mixer.

Heres a pic of the car
Yaramsm.jpg
Looking forward to sharing my experiences with you guys as Frank tells me what I'm doing is going to be difficult, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Warren

DODGEN1

Re: Foreign muck! Not really but sort of

Post by DODGEN1 »

cool car. youve seam to have some of the cooler body styles.

Frank
Site Admin

Re: Foreign muck! Not really but sort of

Post by Frank »

You mentioned in an earlier email that your engine seemed to be running rich at idle with the Model 425. Things that could cause it to idle rich are a worn valve seat or a ruptured idle diaphragm. Start a new topic in the propane section with observations of what you've found. You can upload a photo of the gas valve's seat directly to the forum so that we can see if wear is the likely culprit.