1988 Plymouth Voyager Factory LPG

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
The_Stuff

1988 Plymouth Voyager Factory LPG

Post by The_Stuff »

I have had for quite a few years now, a 1988 Plymouth Voyager that was a factory propane vehicle. It is from Canadian Forces Base Moose Jaw. There was approx 10 sisters to it. All identical in colour, make, model, propane power, and options. These vans did not have much for options though. They came with a rear wiper and rear defrost (probably for safety reasons), locking fuel door, delay wipers, and an AM radio with 1 speaker in the dash. All of them also came with the 2.5L dodge in-line 4 cylinder. (obviously the deflector, running boards, partition inside, and the pin striping is an add on.
As for the Vin#2p4fh21r6jr######,
Region: North America
Manufacturer: Plymouth
Model Specific: Unknown
Check Digit: Valid
Year: 10 J 1988
Assembly Plant: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Other information doesn't show up right. some say its a car, others a truck. I think this is due to its Military background.

Under the hood is the factory propane engine label. of course it dose not give me too specific of information...

This is the mixer. A Impco CA 100

This is the Vaporizer. A Impco Model E

It thinks its fuel injected :D

Under the hood stickers

Inside the driver's door

Safety sticker (requires safety every 5 years in Saskatchewan)

Only thing outside that says propane. this is on the hatch.

Current odometer

The Tri-Baffled fuel tanks

Guards for the valves and such

So all and all it has been a good van. Debating on getting all the little rust spots fixed up and replacing motor mounts, axles, steering stuff, suspension parts etc and a paint job. with the right care it could last forever.

Also more pictures and stuff @ http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ ... ?start=all