turbocharged propane guzzling dodge W200

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
postma friesland

turbocharged propane guzzling dodge W200

Post by postma friesland »

With all the stuff I did to the truck lately let’s see if I can put some spec’s down

Dodge W200 4x4 build 1976
Weight ± 4850 lbs

Engine:
318 build 1986
Stock roller bump stick
Rebuild with a 0.02 overbore
Stock 76 heads, pushrod holes enlarged to make the roller cam work.
273 2bbl single plain intake.

Carburetion
Intake adapter from 2 to 4 bbl
Holley 600 square bore throttle body
Impco 425 propane mixer bolted to the throttle body
Nolffs vaporizer boost referenced
Big impco buffer/filter and lock of with buffer.

Intercooler 2.5” in and outlet effective surface 10.4” – 32” 1.6”thick

Log headers feeding an internal wastegated turbo of a ± 7 liter diesel truck. Turbo has a massive compressor side compared to the turbine side. starts spooling around 1900 rpm.

Timing
Stock rebuild 76 dizzy, FBO ignition coil and ECU.
Initial at 5* advance, full mechanical advance by 2600 with 25* total. Vacuum advance hooked to manifold vacuum, adds another 14* making 39* total when cruising.

Transmission 727 with a heavy cast steel NP 203 transfer case. The 727 is lubed by case hytran ultra. Stock rebuild torque converter.

Currently 4-5 lbs of boost 14/1 air fuel ratio. When I decide what to do with the ignition and timing I’ll turn it up to 10 lbs. Also wish I went with a different stall converter, this one stalls to low.

35 inch tire 4.10 gears.
Dana 60 rear 44 front ( when time comes the rebuild 60 front will go in)
3 inch body, lift 4 inch RCC hanger lift, 3-4 inch leaf lift. 56“ long leafs rear, 52“ long leafs front

Some interior and exterior modifications.

Pics appear not to be working :evil: :?:
Dodge W200 Powerwagon 76 318, 727, 203

Turbocharged 318 on propane

watahyahknow

Post by watahyahknow »

the links arent put on propperly you might need to put them on here using photobucket .

nice truck man , did you ever met arjan before he's driving a simulair truck in the netherlands
having the mother of all propane powered engines build BBC 540 with twin turbos water to ait intercooler and prins based EFI setup

gues what i need info for the EFI system

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

Nice truck!

Ramcharger Central might have a policy against hot linking because it uses their bandwidthto display the photos on a different site.

Other than posting the URLs , the other alternative is to use a different photo-hosting site.