77 Chevy Suburban K10

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
Buzz

77 Chevy Suburban K10

Post by Buzz »

Hello you all . I'm very glad I found this forum . In advance I want to excuse for my English , it won't be perfect . My Sub is my daily driver , it's a 350 with a 350TH , 305 heads ( 58cc or so ) , 260/270 cam , Holley 4150 600cfm . I bought it 2 years ago with a destroyed 454 and put in the 350 . It was already on LPG but I changed the mixer and converter ( OMVL or something like that ) for a Impco 300A and Impco converter . I've had several american v8's , all with the 300A because I want to drive on both gas and LPG . ( it's a bit confusing cause here we say gas when we mean LPG ) . When you have a car here in Holland that's more than 25 years old you don't have to pay roadtax ( very much when you drive a heavy car on LPG ) and LPG costs about a third of the price of a liter gasoline , and that's the reason my car is on LPG .
It runs perfect on LPG but I want it to make more power .
- I want a cool air shroud on the 300A with a 4" hose to a remote airfilter - cant find it so I may have to make it myself .
-A dual curve timing advance unit . -very difficult to get here in the Netherlands , no one with experience with it
-going to change my axle ratio , I cruise 65mph at 2200rpm , want to go 500 rpm higher .
- I want it to run on gasoline with the same power , like it didn't have a mixer on the carb , but only the airfilter . I'm working on a system to achieve that .

I will take some new photo's of my Sub , coming soon , meet you at the tech forum , got a lot of questions .