Fiat 131

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.

Fiat 131

Post by 131 »

I'm driving a 2 litre twincam Fiat 131, it's been running on LPG via a Gasresearch throttlebody for 4 years. The original plan was to install the gas system and down the track fit an Eaton M45 blower to give it a bit more go. I've been collecting bits and pieces to facilitate an upgrade to vapour injection to complement the blower, with injection controlled by a Megasquirt 2 ECU. After getting the MS2 half built and buying a wiring harness, sensors, 36-1 trigger wheel etc. I've decided not to bother with the injection for the moment. The system I'm currently running is suitable for operating with boost, so instead of re-inventing the wheel, I'm going to have a go at fitting the blower with the gas system that is already operating. I've almost got a new motor put together, with a bit more compression, stainless valves and mild cam upgrade, with the M45 supplying about 7psi I should end up with a torquey, sporty little sleeper.

Cheers,

Mick.

Frank
Site Admin

Re: Fiat 131

Post by Frank »

Sounds like a fun project. Another Aussie here (kcuf) has some experience with LPG injection on the 400M in his Ford FC LTD and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you.