my stuff

Let's hear all the gory details about your car and how it became alternative fuelled.
larry

my stuff

Post by larry »

Hi folks, have just found this site. Real good info here. I've got a 1981 c10 Chev stepside pickup 350,impco 425 ,L converter, dedicated lpg. About 10 years ago, here in New Zealand, we changed to unleaded fuel. My truck,which I've owned for 17 years, pinged itself to death. I then converted it myself to dedicated lpg swearing never to run petrol again. Best thing I ever did. This weekend, I'm fitting some E Street Edelbrock heads,so will try her out tomorow . Extra compression should help out. I'm also restoring a 1946 Chev 3/4 ton stepside, and a 1942 Dodge wc 51 4wd, both of which will be lpg. I've also got a restored 1969BSA rocket3 motorbike. Pity I cant fit an lpg tank on that!

Steptoe

Re: my stuff

Post by Steptoe »

We changed to unleaded longer than 10yrs ago...I converted the camaro back in the early 80s..when they where talking about taking lead out....I 1st had it on CNG when pumps where everywhere, they started to disappear and converted to LPG by mid 80s....yep would never go back.
Are you a JAFA? local?
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

storm

Post by storm »

Didn't NZ go Unleaded about 1986 the same time Australia went Unleaded?
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

Steptoe

Post by Steptoe »

As my children would say.."Dad your alzimers is kicking in again" Bloody kids lol
mid to late 80s I think...was several yrs after I switched to LPG on the camaro.
What ever..it was about 20 yrs ago. not import historical date really.
My Spelling is Not Incorrect...It's 'Creative'

larry

Post by larry »

I must be wrong about the unleaded change date. What sticks in my mind is the pinging sound of my smallblock slowly destroying itself. LPG changed all that. I live in N. Taranaki. We have some steep hill country which will test the knock rating of any fuel.

Frank
Site Admin

Post by Frank »

When you have a chance, post some photos. If you don't already have them hosted on a site like flickr or photobucket, you can attach them to a posting.

larry

Post by larry »

I will get some photo's on here when I figure out how! Am new to this computer stuff.