LPG parts for sale

franz

LPG parts for sale

Post by franz »

I have been in this industry in various capacities since 1968 and ran several conversion shops. I once had to purchase the inventory of one former bankrupt employer in exchange for past due salary, I chose to accept in inventory. As such, I am liquidating the rest of my propane equipment, mostly Impco, some Century parts. This weekend I will try and list what I have available and post it by Oct 9th. Price will not include shipping. I am in Central Texas, shipping usually to the continental US in the $10.00-$15.00 range with insurance for purchase value (I will not ship without insuring the purchase).

Impco carburetion, at least one 425, and at least one 200, either new or very close to it.
OHG X-450, several models, including two totally electronic contolled X-450-X units.
Century vaporizers, several models
Autotronics Controls, several models of electronic support equipment
Relays
Some VERY specialized parts, will list and identify.

Prices reasonable but not give away. Will consider discount for bulk purchases.

Franz
franzh@texas.net

franz

Oops!

Post by franz »

My home computer fell victim of a nasty virus or worm and I lost the contents of my hard drive! ! !! Double ARGHH!!! Yes, I did have the latest anti-virus protection but this one snuck in.

I will be rebuilding it hopefully this next week and should be putting my parts inventory up by the end of October.

Franz

michael

Post by michael »

so which Oct?
you missed that one

Dylan86GL10

Post by Dylan86GL10 »

Franz,

I am looking for a CA200 and any other parts you think would be useful for this setup:
dual fuel (carb lpg, efi gas) turbo subaru, programmable injection/spark (Megasquirt)

This is what I have:
IMPCO model E, electric lock off

Don't have:
lines, tank, carb, vac lock if neccessary for legality (the Megasquirt will shut down electric solenoid on stall, does that count).

Would like to have option of feedback (wideband O2 and Megasquirt can control PWM valves)

Thanks
Dylan

franz

parts

Post by franz »

Real sorry for the delay, I plumb forgot to look at this thread.

NFPA requires a fuel lockoff that turns off if the engine is not running and the key is left on. If the Megasquirt see a loss of RPM and turns off the electric lockoff, that works fine.

I am in the process of setting up some custom supply components such as specially built motorfuel lines from Aeroquip (stainless steel braid with selectable hose ends) that will be roughly twice the price of conventional hose but light years ahead in quality. Expect to pay about $75.00 for a 15 foot section with your choice of hose ends.

I dont have much in terms of equipment. Since I put that announcement online, I had someone buy almost all of what I had left over with the exception of some specialized parts, but nothing what you describe.

I have one special 425, and a couple of used model E's and OHG X-1 that are servicable, quite a few lockoffs (about a dozen or more) and I MIGHT have a 200, will have to see this weekend when I return from a business trip.

Franz

Cole

parts

Post by Cole »

How much would you want for an OGH x-1 im looking to put my 65-cev 350 on propane i have a OGh x1 runing my truck and the car and truck have allmost the same engine
just want to know if a X-1 owuld be good to put in the car or should i use some thing with a bit more power?
Cole Irmen

Dylan86GL10

Post by Dylan86GL10 »

Franz, I think I'm missing:

Carb (200 or something similar, don't need butterfly assembly as going on EFI motor)
All lines (tank to reg, reg to carb)
Tank

Anything you can find, I'd like to buy sooner than later

franz

Parts stuff

Post by franz »

I dont have the 200, thought I did, sorry. I am referring queries to www.propaneguy.com for purchases, he has been pretty good to those I refer, prices are relatively decent and he ships to Canada as well as the US.

Franz

Dylan86GL10

Post by Dylan86GL10 »

Franz,

propaneguy wants $200 for a CA200. Is there any suitable replacement for this carb? Most of the other impco's showing up on ebay (425, 300) are more of a draw through variety.

franz

Post by franz »

One of the reasons I recommended the 200 is that it handles internal pressures better than the 225 or the 125. The 300 can ONLY be used for draw through but the 425 can be used for either. The 425 is more ideally suited for engines in the 5.0 L range and large, although it will work on your 2.0 at load. At idle and low speeds there is no boost and your engine will perform as a standard 2.0 with little relative airflow. Starting and idle tuning will be difficult with the 425.
I would still look for a 200. I may be able to source one but right now my hands are full with other projects (my book and real job are taking too much time away from fun projects).
Franz