Image Size Revision

Look here for announcements. Please make comments and ask questions about the board here too.
Frank
Site Admin

Image Size Revision

Post by Frank »

Storm had trouble attaching photos to one of his posts due to the image constraints I have set up to conserve storage space. I have the maximum image dimensions set to 800x600 px and maximum file size of 800 KiB, where 1 KiB = 1024 bytes. 800x600 px seemed to be reasonable large file size a few years ago but seems a bit small now.

Storm suggested increasing the maximum image size to 1024 x 768. His images were taken on his phone and are between 1.6 and 2.4 MB.

Any advice about what would be more reasonable fie size limitations?

storm

Re: Image Size Revision

Post by storm »

I resized the images to 1024 x 768 and they uploaded successfully with that so I thought you had adjusted the size limitations already. If you haven't adjusted it already I think the actual limitation is how many kb the image is not how large it looks physically. I asked on another forum (L67torque) as I am still unable to upload images due to size constraints. The admin there said their size limitation is 101kb.
Fuel flow requirements calculations
Engine air flow requirement calculation: CFM = Cubic Inches x RPM x Volumetric Efficiency (VE) ÷ 3456

BigBlockMopar

Re: Image Size Revision

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Make it so that no-one has to worry about pictures being rejected due to being oversized. This is such a "year 2000" thing.
Install extensions that resize 'any' uploaded image down to your desired 800 or 1024 pixels wide dimension before it's posted into a post.
https://www.bigblockmopar.com
'73 Dodge Dart - 360ci - 11.3:1cr
MegaSquirt + HEI 7-pin timing control - Edelbrock AirGap - Cold Air Intake
IMPCO E / 425 mixer - A518 OD-trans - 3.55 gears - 225/50/17" tires.